Frequently asked questions
1. Q: How to transfer my Bkav Internet Security license number to a new computer?
A: Since each Bkav Internet Security license can be activated only one time on one computer, when you transfer your Bkav Internet Security license to a new computer, please inform Bkav Contact Center. Bkav will send you an email with your Bkav Internet Security license information and simultaneously reactivate Bkav Internet Security license so that you can install and re-register Bkav Internet Security.
2. Q: Can I reinstall my Bkav Internet Security on another computer without paying again?
A: Yes. On receipt of your request, Bkav will send you an email with your Bkav Internet Security license information. Also, we will reactivate Bkav Internet Security license so that you can install and register Bkav Internet Security on the new computer without paying any fee.
3. Q: How do I upgrade my current Bkav Internet Security with my newly purchased Bkav Internet Security license?
A: After your newly purchased Bkav Internet Security license is registered on your computer, the current Bkav Internet Security will be automatically upgraded to the latest version of Bkav Internet Security.
4. Q: How to uninstall other antivirus software on my computer to install Bkav Internet Security?
A: You can use Uninstall function of Windows. In case the antivirus software has support tool, you can use it.
If you encounter any difficulties, please contact Bkav Contact Center to get timely support.
5. Q: On purchase registration, when my Bkav Internet Security license number will be delivered?
A: If you are living in Vietnam, Bkav will contact you to confirm the time and address for delivery.
If you have any friend/someone you know living in Vietnam, Bkav will contact your friend to confirm the time and address for delivery. Then you can get Bkav Internet Security license information from your friend.
If you purchase BkavInternet Security online, on your successful transaction, your Bkav Internet Security license information will be sent to your registered email address within 5 minutes.
6. Q: How to use the Parental Control?
A: Please contact Bkav Contact Center, Bkav will activate Parental Control for you and provide you with instructions on how to use the function.
7. Q: How to renew Bkav Internet Security license?
A: Bkav Contact Center will initiatively contact you before your Bkav Internet Security expiration date to ask you about license renewal. However, if you would like to renew your license sooner, you can contact Bkav Contact Center to get timely support.
8. Q: How often should I update Bkav Internet Security?
A: If your computer is connected to the Internet, Bkav Internet Security on your computer will be automatically updated 1 or 2 times per day. Therefore, it is recommended that your computer is frequently connected to the Internet to get the latest version of Bkav Internet Security.
9. Q: What to do when I suspect any file is infected with virus?
A: If you are using Bkav Internet Security, please have your Bkav Internet Security updated with the latest version and then scan for viruses. In case Bkav Internet Security could not detect viruses, please contact Bkav Contact Center to get timely support.
10. Q: Is it possible to try out Bkav Internet Security before purchasing? If possible, how does Bkav Internet Security trial differ from Bkav Internet Security license?
A: Bkav has not the trial version for any products. However, Bkav FE is the free antivirus software of Bkav, which has partial update features like Bkav Internet Security, the commercial version. You can firstly try Bkav FE.
11. Q: What is the start date of my renewal license period?
A: The renewal license period will start from the day right after the expiration date. Bkav's system will automatically add 12 months to your one-year Bkav Internet Security license period and you do not need to do anything.
Q: What is the renewal price of Bkav Internet Security?
A: For Buy Online, the renewal price is USD 39.99 to use one-year Bkav Internet Security license.
It will take you 299.000 VND to use one-year Bkav Internet Security license by one of the following ways:
+ You are living in Vietnam and Bkav will deliver Renewal Certificate of Bkav Internet Security license to you.
+ Your friend/someone you know living in Vietnam can help renew for you. Bkav will deliver Renewal Certificate of Bkav Internet Security license to your friend.
+ You renew by wire transfer including bank transfer or payment order service (only applied to customers in ASEAN).
12. Q: Can I extend my Bkav Internet Security license period before the expiration date?
A: Yes, you can. Normally, Bkav will contact you to invite product renewal before your license expires. In case you wish to extend your license period before the expiration date, you can contact Bkav Contact Center via support email or exclusive phone number for Bkav Internet Security customers for timely support.
13. Q: What is the start date of my Bkav Internet Security license period?
A: The start date is calculated from the day you register your Bkav Internet Security license key.
14. Q: Lost Bkav Internet Security license key, what should I do?
A: You can contact Bkav Contact Center via support email or exclusive phone number for Bkav Internet Security customers for timely support. Bkav will send you an email with your Bkav Internet Security license key and simultaneously reactivate it so that you can use Bkav Internet Security again.
15. Q: How do I reinstall Bkav Internet Security on my computer?
A: Access website http://www.bkav.com and download Bkav Internet Security as usual. In case you lost your Bkav Internet Security license key and cannot register, please contact Bkav Contact Center via support email or exclusive phone number for Bkav Internet Security customers to get timely support. Bkav will send you an email with your license key and simultaneously reactivate it so that you can use Bkav Internet Security again.
16. Q: When I doubt that there are viruses or abnormal signs on your computer, how do I contact Bkav to get support?
A: We recommend that you use Send support request to Bkav function of Bkav Internet Security to inform Bkav.
To use the function, please take the following steps:
1. Firstly, run Bkav Internet Security antivirus program, select Support and then select Send support request to Bkav.
2. A new box appears, click OK.
3. Fill in your name, phone number and email address and describe the detailed symptoms of your computer before clicking Send button. Then click OK to complete log sending to Bkav.
On receiving your log, Bkav will analyze the sample and send back to you the solution through Bkav Internet Security program.
For more details, click here.
If you encounter any difficulty (when following the steps), please contact Bkav as guided here for timely support.
17. Q: How do I install and register Bkav Internet Security license?
A: To install Bkav I on your computer, please take the following steps:
1. Download Bkav Internet Security here.
2. Run the downloaded BkavIS.exe and click Setup.
3. End User License Agreement window appears, click I Agree to continue.
4. In the next window, click Next.
5. Restart to complete the installation process.
To register Bkav Internet Security 2015, please take the following steps:
1. On the main interface of Bkav Internet Security, select License and click Register.
2. Fill in the required information on Register Bkav window (remember to fill in the correct License key and Verify code), then click Register to complete the process.
For more details, click here.
18. Q: How do I buy Bkav Internet Security license(s) online?
A: Firstly, access www.bkav.com and click Buy Now.
A new page appears, please take the following steps to buy Bkav Internet Security license(s):
1. Fill in your information (name, email address, phone number and your quantity of order and others) and click Continue.
2. OnePAY Payment Gateway page appears, fill your card information and click PAY to complete the payment.
After completing the payment, please wait a few seconds for the transaction's result. For the successful transaction, we will send you the license key information and payment confirmation note via email.
For more details, please click here.
19. Q: Lost Internet connection, will Bkav Internet Security decrease its capacity of virus removal?
A: From version Bkav Internet Security 2010, Cloud Computing Technology was added to strengthen the power of Bkav. Thanks to Cloud Computing Technology, the integrated Bkav Cloud Agents make online interaction with Bkav Cloud system, which help virus definitions to be updated every minute. The integrated Bkav Cloud Agents have the capacity of learning from Bkav Cloud database cloud. Wide coverage and computing competence of the Cloud will help closely protect users' computers.
Besides the Cloud, Bkav Internet Security also maintains one offline database on user's computer. In case for some reason, Internet connection is interrupted Bkav Internet Security still runs and detects virus with more than 8.1 millions of virus definitions in the database on user's computer, ensuring the safety of user's computer. However, you need regularly connect your computer to Internet so that Bkav Internet Security can update the latest virus definitions, ensuring that the maximum strength of virus removal will be promoted.
20. Q: I find that some websites allow online virus scan. I think that this kind of virus scan is quite good but is it effective?
A: Online virus scan has many limitations such as: no Real–time Protection feature to automatically detect and remove viruses, no ability to remove virus strains which deeply penetrated into system (rootkit, file infector virus, metamorphic virus, etc.), no Deep scan feature, no Firewall to protect computers in process of accessing Internet, etc. Due to such limitations, online virus scan will not ensure the safety of computers from the infection threat and destruction of viruses.
To ensure the safety of your computer, you should use good antivirus software. One good antivirus software must fully meet the following criteria: copyrighted software, regularly update new version, offer live support from the manufacturer in case of virus-related problems.